Photos of the Church
The church was constructed in 1883 and was consecrated on St. Michael's Day of that year. The land was donated by a local hotel-keeper, Mr. John Stevens. Building materials were supplied by Mr. Hudson Roper. Initially, there were about 100 parishioners. The men built the church and the women members cooked meals to sustain them. The total cost of the construction was under $2,500.